Saturday was spent catching up with my friend Kristie, who has just moved back to the UK from the USA. So we had a lovely time wandering around Greenwich Market (a particular fave of mine), then I walked back to Lewisham with her to check out her lovely new pad. Via a pub called The Union which is a microbrewery - had a very lovely ale there (the benefits of not being on the wagon anymore...). Check out the review here...
Sunday Julia and I went to see the movie 'The Queen' which was great. All about how the Queen dealt with the aftermath of the death of Diana. Really odd to watch the scenes and be able to remember it all happening. As Julia said when we came out we felt like we had been in a time warp and we were now back in 1996. I think Helen Mirren is expected to get an Oscar nomination for it, and she was superb. You really felt like you were watching the Queen. One thing I thought was particularly interesting was the scene where the royals are first got up following the accident, and they are told that Diana had a broken arm and concussion. I remember one of my flatmates saying that he had got in about 3am and that was the story on the radio. He couldn't believe it when he woke up and heard she was dead.
And now I'm just starting to watch Day 6 of '24'. Jack Bauer is back and I'm facing another 6 months of tv watching...
No comments:
Post a Comment