Friday, October 14, 2005

Final odds and sods from my hols

Here are some of the things that I noticed while in Italia...

  • An amazing range of oddly worded t-shirts. Including several with a NZ theme. I particularly liked the rugby top emblazoned with 'North Island' and mockups of sponsor's logos. Turned it over and on the back it said New Zealand, North Island, Rugby League. I would have bought it but I knew I would never wear it.... It certainly wasn't any sort of 'official merchandise' that I've ever seen! I never knew the North Island had a rugby league team - had I known I would of course be a rabid supporter of them!
  • Public toilets in Naples don't seem to have toilet seats. Ever.
  • Italian men can carry off some extremely dodgy hairstyles and still look rather lovely while carrying by bag! Well actually it was just one in particular, on Stromboli...
  • Pizzas really are better in Italy.
  • You can lose the will to live queuing in an Italian post office. And then get back and find out that most of the postcards you queued to deliver still haven't arrived 3 weeks later!
  • The Italians are obviously used to it, and queued patiently with no tutting, or frustrated 'haruumphs'

No comments: