Last week I started reading 'Two Little Boys' by Duncan Sarkies which Adrian sent me last year as part of my birthday present. Sorry Age - couldn't read it. Really didn't like it at all... Let me know if you want me to post it back to you, otherwise I'll pass it on to a charity shop over here when I next do a clear out of stuff. Maybe its cos I'm a girl, but I just couldn't get into it, and didn't like any of the characters. And I just struggled with a book that has as its central piece that a person was killed by a hit and run. I couldn't help but keep thinking about the guy who was dead. Guess it just wasn't my cup of tea.
Following that, I've started reading 'The Quiet Girl' by Peter Hoeg which was one of the books Maya gave me at Xmas. I have absolutely NO idea what is going on, but I'm loving it. I've not read any of his others (his most well known one here in the UK is 'Miss Smilla's Feeling for Snow') but this one has just been written so beautifully. Its not often I feel moved to say that about a book! I'm reading it very slowly, as it is so confusing I find one or two chapters at a time is enough, and I then need to digest what I've read.
I'll update when I've finished it as well... Might be a while tho!
2 comments:
hey Meg,
no worries, I hadnt read it, but Sarkies has some profile here as being a good funny story teller.. hadnt readit myself.. ditch it if you like..
I started that Peter Hoeg a couple of months ago but couldn't get into it - will give it another go!
Post a Comment