Monday, January 19, 2009

What I learnt from me Mum...

As I was folding my newly washed and dried tea towels the other day and very diligently putting them to the bottom of the pile so the towels stay rotated I thought of how it is second nature that I do that, and being told by Mum as a youngster that that was how you put the towels away...

Then about 1/2 an hour later I dropped a knife and could immediately hear Mum saying 'Oh no - don't drop a knife - I don't want any more visitors'. And it was the thought in my head as well 'Oh - visitors'.

Funny how its the little things that make you stop and pause during a normal day and remember.

1 comment:

Ariadne aka Marilyn said...

My mum also had the knife-dropping phobia. But the worst thing you could do was to thank the person who picked it up for you. That meant real trouble.