Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Monday afternoon - time for a new state!

So on Monday afternoon my friend Fleur drove up from Bowling Green, Kentucky to pick me up. We had very vague plans - just that she would pick me up between 4.30 - 5.00 at the Museum. Fortunately it did all work and we found each other!

And so began a fab 5 days where I just hung out with Fleur, David, James and Alice. It was just lovely - bit of shopping, bit of sightseeing, lots of drinking coffee and chewing the fat - what more could you want from a holiday! Particular highlight was going to Glasgow, Kentucky (gave us much amusement!).

On Tuesday I went with Fleur to one of her bookgroups - the book was The Case of the Missing Books, and pretty universally was panned by everyone. So that isn't a recommendation from me!

Fleur and David were fantastic hosts, and it was lovely to finally meet her children! I'd seen Fleur when she was pregnant with James, but never met him until now!

And now Fleur is also blogging :-).

No comments: