Very long day this one - almost as bad as flying back to NZ!! Flight left at 8am, which necessitated a 4.45am taxi pick up for me - of course I had loads of time left after check in, but that suits me just fine...
I had a few hours connection in Chicago before getting my next flight to Memphis. Immigration was ok - first time I've been fingerprinted and retina scanned mind... Customs was ok - although he amused himself laughing at the fact that I described myself as a librarian (I just find it easier than trying to explain what I do...) while reading a book about stolen books... (The Case of the Missing Books by Ian Sansom - I wouldn't recommend it. It was rubbish!).
By the time I finally got to bed I'd been up about 22 hours and wasn't sure at that point if I was coming or going! But I was together enough to notice that it was much much warmer in Memphis than it had been in London :-).
No comments:
Post a Comment