Flight from Auckland to here was ok, but was longer than I was expecting. It is only 8 hours from Singapore to Auckland but the other way round is just over 10 hours. And I think the upcoming leg is also longer as well :-(.
I had a great time in NZ for the rest of my trip, and once I get back to London I'll upload my photos on to Flickr as well. Some of the highlights were:
- Spending lots of money on Icebreaker gear for walking (despite my family giving me grief as it is now made in China out of NZ materials - but I don't care cos it is very cool and very good for walking!).
- Going to the Great Britain/NZ rugby league test at the Cake Tin. And despite being pleased that NZ won I did find myself cheering for Great Britain quite a bit - after 10 years it is hard not to!
- Spending time with Anita and her two gorgeous wee boys.
- Experiencing the full range of weather in Wellington from gale force northerlies, to gusting southerlies and driving rain with sunny fine days in between!
- Catching up with my Uncle Harry and assorted whanau in Upper Hutt. Was fab to see him again.
- Chilling out in Taupo doing absolutely nothing - what a holiday is meant to be :-)
- Driving around Lake Taupo with Tracey - the first time ever for both of us, and some of the views from the western side of the lake were just stunning.
What I'm not happy about is not catching up with some of my friends - you know who you are and I feel crap about it. But the 3 weeks felt like a marathon sprint around the country and when I wasn't doing anything I tended to collapse in a heap and savour the brief time I had to myself. I will of course be writing grovelly letters (yes real letters!) as penance shortly...
These internet sessions are limited to 15 mins and I'm down to less than 5 and there are people waiting so I think I'll give someone else a go. I'm so not looking forward to this flight...
1 comment:
Mog
It was fantastic to see you, the surprise when you arrived will go down in legend!!! Well done to everyone who kept the secret, I had no idea! Alex enjoyed seeing his aunty. Luv E
Post a Comment