Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Not quiz team extraordinaire...

We had a pub quiz at work and I was one of the team leaders. This comes from the incorrect assumption by my colleagues at work that I am good at quiz's - no matter how much I say I just coast on the coat-tails of the really good quizzers they don't believe me. As well as a prize for coming first, there was also a prize for the best team name.

Needless-to-say we didn't win either. In fact we came last in the quiz - but I still think we should have won the team name. We were Ze Sanguine "D"vas - which I think was a bit too off the wall for our judges. It was made up from the first 3 letters of the various countries our team members came from - and D cos we were originally team D, and we were all girls, hence divas. Better than the 'We Thought It Was A Disco' which won I thought!

But our one claim to fame is that we did beat the winning team in the film round - we got 9/10 for that which was pretty cool. So I think we can take some credit for that!

1 comment:

Mhairi said...

OK, OK, I'll admit you did do very well in that round. Looking forward to the next quiz!