Kevin and I went to see the Che Guevara: Revolutionary & Icon exhibition at the V&A last night - in the nick of time as it finishes on Saturday!
Really interesting - just to read about how the photo of him was just luck really with the photographer being in the right place at the right time, and also to realise just how mass produced the image really is. When Korda was still alive he protected the image, suing the camera makers Leica and also Smirnoff Vodka for using the image in adverts, so I hope someone else is still doing that.
Interesting collection of film and video at the end, including genuine footage as well as scenes from movies. My favourite bit was 'Che' with Omar Sharif playing Che and Jack Palance as Fidel Castro!! That just looked weird...
And I'm learning to pronounce his name properly and not call him 'Che Guava' which slips out occasionally much to Kevin's horror...
No comments:
Post a Comment