And what an ending it was!
We went and watched the final at the Firestation where Owen had thought he had booked us a table. But they had lost our booking... But we got a seat and stayed - and had some very mediocre food - but what did we care - we were watching the Beautiful Game!
Which sadly didn't end so beautifully for Zinedine Zidane. No one could believe what we were watching as he headbutted Marco Materazzi. Even now it still seems unbelievable. And such a shame that he ended his career on a note like that.
Everyone was convinced that Italy would lose on penalties, but they cruised through them - and as I was supporting Italy anyhow I was very pleased! No particular reason for my allegiance to Italy - except the fact that 21 years ago today the French sunk the Rainbow Warrior, and the Italians had more 'totty' in the team...
2 comments:
Everyone has a shadow side, even Zinedane - he may not know why he did it either. Not the fairytale ending, but Italy played well, and I would have been happy if either team won
eryn
A head butt worthy of a local! As he said it is also the fault of the mouthy Italian (although I wanted Italy to win as well)
Full on with Tri nations and Bledisloe Cup now!
Leigh
Post a Comment