Friday, July 28, 2006

Train musings - and suppressed rage

As I sat on the train on the way home listening to my iPod I looked around and it struck me just how much technology there must be on any one train at any given time. Directly around me there were two men working on their laptops, a woman sat between them using her Blackberry, and loads of us had earphones in which were probably connected to either iPods or other expensive MP3 players or whizzy mobile phones... The monetary amount on these trains must be huge!

Then I got to Surbiton and attempted to renew my monthly travel pass. I say attempted as I had the most frustrating 'Computer says no' experience, which when I think about it, I still get enormously frustrated. Despite having done so in the past, this time when I attempted to renew my pass to start on Monday (as I won't need it over the weekend, hence don't need to pay for two days that I won't use) I was not allowed to, as this would mean Southwest Trains would lose two days money...

I didn't understand it either, but luckily managed to suppress my rage and stomped out. I'm usually not too bad, but everynow and then something will happen like that type of completely inflexible customer unfriendly moment will happen and it just drives me insane!

And at those moments when I catch myself saying "Whatever" in a very peevish voice to the person serving me I wonder - how old am I???

No comments: