Saturday, October 20, 2012

From the Foo Fighters to Hot Chip

So I have now been to my final gig at Brixton Academy :-( . It was the first venue I went to in London (to see the Foo Fighters) and while it isn't the last gig I'll go to (still have one more coming up), it was lovely to go back one last time.

It has always been one of my fave venues - an old theatre, it has a sloping floor so it is usually ok to get an ok view, and I've seen so many different bands there:
  • Foo Fighters
  • Manic Street Preachers
  • Beck
  • Teenage Fanclub
  • Ocean Colour Scene
  • Hot Chip (more than once)
  • New Order
  • Echo & the Bunnymen
  • Waterboys
  • Embrace (more than once)
  • Tim Finn/Bic Runga/Dave Dobbyn
  • Ian Brown
  • Franz Ferdinand
  • The Thrills
  • The Killers/The Futureheads/Bloc Party/The Kaiser Chiefs
  • Doves
  • Interpol
  • Star Sailor
  • The Raconteurs
  • Arcade Fire
  • Bloc Party
  • James
  • Portishead
Not a bad list :-). Also interesting to see the tickets change - from Brixton Academy, to the Carling Brixton Academy, and now to O2 Academy Brixton (although everyone still calls it Brixton Academy.

Good times :-)

No comments: