Monday, June 01, 2009

Anyone for tennis? Or a bit of cooking?

So tonight I went for my first tennis lessons - I signed up ages ago for 5 group lessons which started tonight.

Great fun - I really enjoyed it! And I don't think I was the worst one there... Sadly I'll miss next week's lesson as I'll be in Wales - but I'm already looking forward to going back. Next week is backhand, so its a shame I'm missing that.

And tomorrow we are finally using the cooking voucher my friends got my for my birthday last year. We are cooking cuisine from Burma - here is some of the description below...

We’ll learn about some typical Burmese ingredients such as fresh turmeric, dried shrimp, balachaung, and toasted gram flour and make some characteristically tart, crunchy salads and tangy curries. We’ll finish our evening by making ‘Lephet-Thoke’ – a traditional Burmese salad of pickled tea leaves that is eaten at the end of a meal.

Some of the dishes we’ll learn include:

Fish Cake Salad with Lime Juice and Herbs
Ginger and Lemon Salad with Roasted Peanuts
Twice-cooked Snapper Curry with Fresh Turmeric and Bamboo Shoots
Hand-mixed Burmese Rice with Tamarind

This is also a fundraising class, so the money raised is going to a good cause :-).

1 comment:

Pihabliss said...

I'll give you a game next time you come around for a visit