So with my last gig to the Manics, I have finished my first ticket album... Started on 15 November 1995 with the Foo Fighters at Brixton Academy, finished with the Manic Street Preachers on 28 May 2009 at the Roundhouse.
I know this isn't complete - if I did a comparison with Kevin's I know he has tickets for gigs we went to, that for some reason I have not managed to keep hold of. And there are some bands here that I know I've seen more often than I have tickets for - eg I'm pretty sure I've seen the Manics more than 3 times, James more than 2 times and Gene more than 3 times... And this doesn't include gigs from when I was still in NZ either - so very London focused.
Anyhow - in amongst the 200 or so tickets I have are: 44 for the theatre (including plays, musicals, comedy), 18 footie matches (17 of which are Villa), 9 cricket matches, 5 rugby matches, 3 sporting events in the USA and the following bands (number of times seen in brackets)...
The Amps (1), The Muttonbirds/Don McGlashan (6), Oasis (1), Boo Radleys (2), Tanya Donnelly (2), Billy Bragg (3), Manic Street Preachers (3), Beck (2), Babybird (1), James (2), Pavement (1), Wilco/Jeff Tweedy (4), Tindersticks (1), Nick Cave (1), Go Betweens (3), Teenage Fanclub (2), Ocean Colour Scene (3), Son Volt (1), Prodigy (1), Kristin Hersh (1), Echo & the Bunnymen (2), Smashing Pumpkins (1), Eels (1), Vic Chestnut (1), Lambchop (1), Calexico/Iron & Wine (2), Fat Freddys Drop (3), Salmonella Dub (1), Julian Cope (1), Bruce Springsteen (1), Gene (3), Embrace (6), Mark Eitzel (1), Badly Drawn Boy (1), New Order (1), Waterboys (1), Snow Patrol (2), Ian Brown (1), Rufus Wainwright (1), Franz Ferdinand (1), Finn Brothers (1), The Thrills (1), Starsailer (4), The Killers (1), Bloc Party (3), Doves (1), Interpol (1), Marshmellow (1), Mark Olson (2), Elbow (3), James Blunt (1), Hard Fi (1), Sufjan Stevens (1), The National (1), Clap Your Hands Say Yeah (1), Bluetones (1), Marah (1), Silver Jews (1), The Raconteurs (1), Arcade Fire (1), The Hold Steady (1), The Guillemots (1), The Hours (3), Band of Horses (1), Portishead (1), My Morning Jacket (1), Autumn Defense (1), Hot Chip (1), Dodge Brothers (1).
3 comments:
You make me very jealous
Thats quite a list, some great bands there!
What a great list - good old Embrace - 6 times!! You definitely have some missing. I just staryed a new book too.
Post a Comment