Saturday, May 30, 2009

Very hot London Loop sections

Completed another two sections of the London Loop - Kingston to Hatton Cross (8.5 miles) and Hatton Cross to Hayes & Harlington (3.8 miles). A total of 12.3 miles, but it took us AGES... I've blogged before about our different walking speeds, but yesterday felt very long to me. A lot of that was the heat - we're in the middle of a wee heatwave here, so it was very hot walking, but even so I still feel like it took too long...

The start of the first section was lovely - through Bushy Park, which despite the fact that its on my doorstep, I've never been to before. En-route to the park we saw a very amusing sign at a pub, which I've posted below - made us all smile! After we left Bushy Park and got closer to Hatton Cross we were also getting closer to Heathrow, so the plane noise got louder and louder... We had a 'plane spotters' picnic as it felt like they were literally taking off just next to us, so for the particularly loud ones we'd all look up to try and identify it from the tail fin. The conversation ebbed and flowed depending on when a plane was taking off... It was a real relief to start to head away - I don't know how people manage to live so close without going insane - a couple of hours of it was doing my head in...

No comments: