Monday, June 08, 2009

Hanging out in Mumbles & exploring the Gower Peninsula

And that was my week really. It was a lovely chilled out week hanging out with Divya and her 10 month old, Tarun. Especially as he was just beginning to walk - I saw his first steps! And then we spent a lot of time trying to get him to recreate them :-).

Monday we walked from Langland Bay around the coast to Casswell Bay, which was great and has really made me want to look into doing a long distance coastal path next...

Tuesday we went over to Rhossili Bay and the Worms Head peninsula. Stunning scenery and very remniscent of NZ. We didn't go down to the beach on that day tho, as Divya was carrying Tarun in a back pack and didn't fancy going up and down the 200 steps to the beach! There is one house down on the beach which would just be amazing to stay in - and you can also see shipwreck ruins when the tide is low - very cool. On the way back we stopped at Casswell Bay for an icecream... Had to be done!

Wednesday was a Mumbles day - just strolled into the village, had some lunch and went for another wee walk along the coast. Mumbles is where Catherine Zeta Jones has a house - but there was no famous star spot for me I'm afraid! The pier was great - check out my photos on Flickr (when I've posted them...)

Thursday we walked along the promenade back into Swansea (about five miles), had lunch, dipped into a museum briefly and then went back and sat in the sun and read magazines. Bliss!

Friday morning was an early start as we headed off to Llangennith (which is actually the other end of Rhossil Bay) so Divya could go surfing. Very cool getting the thumbs up from surfers as we headed to the beach - telling us the surf was good! I got most excited by that!! So while Divya surfed I had a stroll along the beach - amusing myself by spotting all the dead jellyfish on the beach... Then in the afternoon it was back on the train to London.

A lovely wee break - and I had great weather as well!

No comments: