Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

Chris had to work on Christmas Day so Maya and I had a very lazy day, watching tv and prepping the veges for the dinner. It was quite strange to have to wait until the evening to eat and open the presents, but once Chris got back he could finally relax and we could start our Christmas proper.

I had struggled to get into the Xmas spirit this year, and didn't have any decorations up, but Maya wasn't having any of it, and bought me a lovely wee Xmas tree which is lit up with pink lights - it is so pretty, and did help the Xmas spirit!

Yet again Chris cooked a delicious chicken, and I was really quite spoilt giftwise by the pair of them. I'm particularly looking forward to trying out my new bottle of whisky - The Peat Monster! From the tasting notes it looks like it will be just what I like!

We had planned to go ice skating on Boxing Day, but we decided not to do it - Chris was knackered from the long hours he'd been putting in, so we decided just to amble along the Thames path to Kingston and go for a drink. A much nicer and less strenuous way to spend the late afternoon :-).

No comments: