Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Arty last day of the year...

I spent a lovely afternoon on the last day of 2008 with Nicola. We started off with lunch at a restaurant en-route to the Tate, then we went to see the Rothko exhibition.

Nicola was horrified that I had never been to the Rothko room at the Tate (I had never even heard of Rothko until a few months ago when Tracey texted me to ask if I had seen his work at the Tate...) so I suspect she may be taking a more firmer hand in my art education going forward! Before we went to the exhibition she joined the Tate as a member + 1, so I didn't have to pay to get in either which was a real bonus!

The show was really good - I wasn't too keen on his black pieces, but some of the others were just amazing. And there were a lot more than you usually see in the Rothko room (according to Nicola) so it was definitely worth going. And afterwards we went to the Members Room and enjoyed a very nice glass of mulled wine :-).

No comments: