Monday, December 29, 2008

Cold War Modern

I took myself off to this exhibition on Monday - it was a bit of a marathon effort to get there as there were problems on the trains, but I've got a list of things to get done before I go back to work on the 5th so I persevered!

As I was by myself I got an audio guide as well - it was the first time I used my Art Fund membership (which gives me half price entrance to loads of different galleries and exhibitions) so I was quite pleased to start to save money immediately.

It was a really interesting exhibition, although by the end of the 7th room I was flagging somewhat it has to be said... The first half was fascinating - seeing how the East and West were competing each other through their designs as well - and how much that influenced the stuff that we still use today. When it got more in to the art and the paintings at the end it wasn't quite as interesting for me.

Well worth the effort though!

No comments: