Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Shock and awe

On Wednesday it was off to the Luminaire to see The Autumn Defense, a side project of two of the guys from Wilco.

I realised I had been to the Luminaire a few years ago to see Goodshirt play, but it seemed like a much better venue this time round. Laid out a lot more sensibly for a venue than I think it was when I first went.

Kevin spotted John Stirratt walking past him so nabbed him, shook his hand, and had about a 10 minute conversation with him. Towards the end of the evening he was still 'shocked and awed' from his encounter with someone from Wilco!

They were fantastic - and at such a small venue we were very close. Brilliant musicians, and they played a lot of my fave songs :-). Kevin took the photos below on his phone.

No comments: