On Sunday (after getting up at a slightly more civilised time of about 9am!), Julia and I headed out to Flamborough Head for a more leisurely stroll.
Fantastic views over the cliffs and the coast - watching all of the fishing boats out in the water as well was amazing. Julia regaled me with tales of how they would go out there when she was young - her family used to farm a lot in that area.
Stunning scenery and so different from what we'd seen the day before - it was hard to believe it was so close geographically.
And we had the second best fish & chips I've had this year! Second only to the ones Tracey & I had in Kilkeel - absolutely delish! Completely removed the stain of the abomination Leigh, Maurie, Kevin and I suffered when we attempted to go to the sea forts!
No comments:
Post a Comment