And oh how it rained....
Aside from the fact that I could barely walk (I don't know what was worse - the climb up or the climb down!) we didn't let a bit of rain deter us and we all put our wet weather gear on (including Nola!) and headed off to look at the Peninsula.
First stop was the Prehistoric Beehive Huts, then it was on to the beach where scenes from Ryan's Daughter were filmed. Bit of footie on the beach, bit of a crawl around for Nola, then it was off for lunch. To a cafe showing Ryan's Daughter on the tele - with no sound so it was a bit hard to work out what was going on!
Then on to the Gallarus Oratory - a church from around 1,000 years ago. Then our tiredness and the rain finally caught up with us and we headed back for a bit of well earned rest and relaxation. And funnily enough Ryan's Daughter was on the tele so I got to see the same scenes again with sound!
No comments:
Post a Comment