Saturday, April 08, 2006

Hassocks to Lewes

So we did our walk from Hassocks to Lewes - 11 miles, difficulty 4/10. Great walk - up on the South Downs, covering some of the Trailwalker route as well which was cool. We walked past Ditchling Beacon - when we'd been there on the walk it was early morning - we had just walked through an amazing sunrise. Then we carried on and went past Black Cap for the 4th time - Kev's got some photos of that so once he gets them off his camera I'll post them.

It was just me and Kevin so I had to navigate the walk - a bit tricky at times but I got us around ok. Its normally Julia with me as back up so it was a big responsibility! Especially as the distances seemed to be a bit skew-iff and I'd be looking for something that we had passed 10mins ago...

Both very tired on Sat night tho - all that sun and fresh air. And it carried over to Sunday as well as I realised when I got back from supermarket shopping that I was wearing my cardigan inside out - neither I or Kevin noticed! VERY embarassing!!

No comments: