Thursday, June 30, 2011

My mini festival...

Headed off to Hyde Park to see Arcade Fire + guests. I like the Hyde Park gigs - they are like mini-festivals but in central London - finish nice and early so its easy enough to get home, and you don't have to take a day off work.

The full line up (well who I saw anyhow...) was The Vaccines, Beirut, Mumford & Sons and Arcade Fire. It was good weather (I missed the rain), I hung out with Sue and her friends and drank some cider (I NEVER normally drink cider!), and generally had a very good afternoon. Highlight for me were definitely Mumford & Sons - just felt more 'personal'. Arcade Fire were great, but it was uber rammed by then so I felt quite removed from them. Still good - but they are better in a smaller venue I think.

But I'm now having a full on crush on Mumford & Sons - cute band and great music!

No comments: