This letter took me a while to get through... I had to make notes on my phone as I finished an album as I knew I wouldn't remember by the time I came to type it up!!
Sad Songs for Dirty Lovers - The National
Safety - Richmond Fontaine
Salty - The Mutton Birds
Sam's Town - The Killers
Saturnalia - The Gutter Twins
Sawdust - The Killers
Scissor Sisters - Scissor Sisters
The Second Gleam - The Avett Brothers
The Secret Migration - Mercury Rev
See The Light - The Hours
The Seldom Seen Kid - Elbow
Send Away the Tigers - Manic Street Preachers
Separated by the Sea - Findlay Brown
Separation Sunday - The Hold Steady
Set Yourself on Fire - The Stars
Seven Swans - Sufjan Stevens
The Shaky Hands - The Shaky Hands
Shaun of the Dead - Soundtrack
Shocking Pinks - Shocking Pinks
Showbiz - Muse
Siberia - Echo & the Bunnymen
Sign No More - Mumford & Sons
Silence is Easy - Starsailor
Silent Alarm - Bloc Party
Since I Left You - The Avalanches
Singles - Suede
Sirens of the Ditch - Jason Isbell
Sky Blue Sky - Wilco
Sky Motel - Kristin Hersh
Sleep Mountain - The Kissaway Trail
The Sleeper - The Leisure Society
Slideling - Ian McCulloch
Snowflake Midnight - Mercury Rev
So Much for the City - The Thrills
The Soft Bulletin - The Flaming Lips
Sojourner Box Set: Nashville Moon - Magnolia Electric Co
Sojourner Box Set: Shohola - Magnolia Electric Co
Sojourner Box Set: Sun Session - Magnolia Electric Co
Sojourner Box Set: The Black Ram - Magnolia Electric Co
Some Cities - Doves
Sometimes I Wish We Were an Eagle - Bill Callahan
Songbook: The Singles: Vol One - Super Furry Animals
Songs for Polar Bears - Snow Patrol
Songs for Silverman - Ben Folds
Songs for Northern Britain - Teenage Fanclub
Songs from the Front Lawn - The Front Lawn
Songs from the Victorious City - Anne Dudley / Jaz Coleman
Songs in A&E - Spiritualized
Songs of Strength and Heartbreak - The Mighty Wah!
The Sound Inside - Breaks Co-Op
Sound of Silver - LCD Soundsystem
Souvenirs - The Duke Spirit
The Specials Singles - The Specials
Speed of the Whippoorwill - Chatham County Line
Stadium Arcadium: Jupiter - Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Stadium Arcadium: Mars - Red Hot Chilli Peppers
The Stage Names - Okkervil River
Star Time (Disc 1-4) - James Brown
Stars of CCTV - Hard-Fi
Stay Positive - The Hold Steady
The Stereo Bus - The Stereo Bus
The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses
Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea - PJ Harvey
The Story - Brandi Carlile
Straitjacket Fits - Straitjacket Fits
Strange Angels - Kristin Hersh
Strangelet - Grant Lee Phillips
Streets of our Time - Danny & The Champions of the World
Strings - Kristin Hersh
Strip-Mine - James
Stutter - James
Subiza - Delorean
Substance - New Order
The Suburbs - Arcade Fire
Summer Teeth - Wilco
The Sun Came Out - 7 Worlds Collide
Sunny Border Blue - Kristin Hersh
Superabundance - The Young Knives
Surfer Rosa/Come on Pilgrim - The Pixies
Surviving the Quiet - Seafood
Sweatbees - My Morning Jacket
The Swell Season - Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova
So from my notes... Delorean - Good - atmospheric, a bit dancy. Didn't think Brandi Carlile was anything special. Liked Duke Spirit - rough girl singer! Really like Spiritualized - thought it would be more dancy than it was, Leisure Society - very good. Melodic and soft - a bit folky. Kissaway Trail I also really liked - sort of country-ish. Really liked Avalanches as well - bit dancey with a bit of rap sound too, Shocking Pinks I liked - sort of NZish. Stars reminded me of NZ music as well. Gutter Twins I described as being a bit 'Nick Cave-ish'.
Also didn't realise how many albums there were by Kristin Hersh that started with S!
1 comment:
We don't have loads of these albums in common, but my favourites from your Ss are the LCD Soundsystem (grown up dance) and Ben Folds (great melodies, harmonies, lyrics). Have to say I'm totally over Red Hot Chili Peppers, yawn! And you're right about Kristin Hersh - out of the six albums I have of hers, four start with an S!
Post a Comment