You may have seen on the news the cold snap that the UK is currently suffering from. It has been a surreal few days. Started to get really cold just before the end of November, and the first snow had fallen in November - unheard of! When I first arrived over here, it was years before we had a decent snowfall, and now we're getting them every year.
There has been lots on the news about how this is 'extraordinary circumstances' - which is what they always say - its just every year its a different circumstance. This year it is the 'third rail' apparently. Because the transport system has completely ground to a halt (again).
I did manage to get into work today, but after spending two hours getting there and two hours getting home I've decided to work from home tomorrow...
Worst thing about it (from my own selfish perspective) is that Fin is meant to arrive from Ireland tomorrow and we were all going out for drinks and dinner. Given that Gatwick has been shut for the last 3 days, I don't think its going to happen somehow :-(.
No comments:
Post a Comment