- Went to see my friend Steve play Valere in 'La Bete' at the South London Theatre. He had the most amazing amount of lines, and did so well. It was great - very funny. Steve is the one in the wig in the photo - although fortunately he didn't wear this while actually performing the play.
- Went to 'Do Something Funny for Money' which was part of Red Nose Day. EY are the honorary accountants for the charity, and this was a show put on my people at work trying to be funny. Accountants/consultants etc and humour really don't mix. It was dire.
- Mhairi and I went to see The Dodge Brothers album release gig. We are both big Mark Kermode fans so thought it would be good to go along. And it was - a great skiffle band, but while I enjoyed it, it wasn't quite my style of music enough to actually buy the cd...
- Spent an enjoyable hour or so at Space N.K. getting some advice on facial care, and am now a regular wearer of a very light foundation to work... and mascara! And I've even started wearing make up when I go out... At the advanced age of almost 41 I've decided its time to start accentuating the positives and hiding the negatives :-)
- Walked another section of the London Loop
- Been up to Glasgow for the weekend to see Lindsey and her whanau. Had a great weekend - always fantastic to see her, and to re-connect with Ricky, Chloe and Jamie.
- Helped Julia celebrate her birthday.
- Helped Jackie celebrate her birthday.
- Almost lost my voice - strangest sensation to just open your mouth and only have a squeak come out of it!
- Watched the final ever episode of Battlestar Galactica with Owen - we are both now bereft.
- Bought myself a very cool pair of cowboy boots which I am inordinately proud of.
- Helped Jackie celebrate her birthday for the second time at the 'official' party.
Saturday, April 04, 2009
A snapshot
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment