Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter events

So Easter is winding down for another year... still its only a few weeks until we get another long weekend here!

I had a fairly social weekend which was nice - weather wasn't great though. Didn't rain much, but was just very grey and dull for much of it. Until about 5pm today when the sun finally came out. Typical...

Anyhow, Thursday evening I met Jackie, Nicola and Mhairi for dinner at Wahaca - a new fave of mine. Its the 3rd time I've been there and its been great every time. After dinner we met Simon (who had only just finished work!) for a drink. Nice way to start the long weekend :-).

Friday it was off to a friend's 30th birthday at the Queen Bodicea pub in Angel. It was a good do, but was a bit of a pain to get to as my line had engineering works all weekend. Ended up on a replacement bus service home so it turned into a much later evening than I was expecting.

Sunday was round to Simon's for a lovely roast lamb lunch - very chilled way to spend Easter Sunday.

And today I spent a lovely afternoon at Kew with David, Dominic and Chris - photos posted on Flickr as well as the couple below. There was a very cool display of seed pod art, and the blossoms were just stunning. We were probably a week or so too early for the bluebells, and we'd missed the best of the daffodils, but the rest were just gorgeous. And we saw some very cute wee ducklins and cootlings (?). I love Kew and will definitely be renewing my membership when it expires.

No comments: