Saturday, November 08, 2008

Pretty sparkly fireworks

I went into town to meet Chris & James and David & Dominic to go and see the Lord Mayor's fireworks on Saturday evening.

We initially thought we had got the best spot as we were right by where the barge was anchored in the Thames - until we realised that as the display started it was towed further away from us! But we still had a great view and the fireworks were pretty impressive. I tested out the fireworks setting on my camera, and aside from having to pre-empt when you wanted to take a photo (so I had a lot of mis-shots), I thought it worked pretty well.

We followed that with a delish dinner at Wahaca - which I'd not been to (or heard of to be honest...) but it was great Mexican food, and REALLY nice margueritas :-).

No comments: