I went to see the 'Annie Leibovitz: A Photographer's Life' exhibition today with Nicola and her friend Sarah.
It was a great show - I'm a fan of Annie Liebovitz anyhow as she is often in Vanity Fair, but what I loved about it was that it had some of her family snaps and photos of her partner Susan Sontag as well.
She had a series of photos of Susan Sontag when she was ill with cancer, and also of her father when he was very ill taken just before he passed away. I could look at the Sontag photos but not at the ones of her father - I just had to walk away. Very powerful and really quite emotional.
1 comment:
I went to see the exhibition this afternoon - yes very moving and unflinching portrayal of illness, especially of Susan Sontag. I loved the ones of her mum too, in particular the ones of her dancing on the beach.
Post a Comment