Sunday, October 12, 2008

I love Elbow!

Went to see Elbow play at The Roundhouse last night - absolutely fantastic! Although incredibly hot inside... which made it quite uncomfortable for quite a while. But the singer is just such a lovely guy, and a real talker to the crowd which always makes it more entertaining. When they played 'One Day Like This' balloons and streamers came falling down from the roof as well - it was just great. A wonderful song, and it just seemed so happy and uplifting - I loved it. A couple of their mums were in the crowd as well and he dedicated it to them - bless!

I really recommend the album - they won the Mercury prize off the back of it this year which was well deserved - it is great.

Mhairi and I are hoping to go and see Fat Freddy's Drop at the Roundhouse in December as well - if tickets are still available once we get paid again :-).

No comments: