Monday, April 14, 2008

Hollie Smith and camels...

Mhairi, me and her friend KT went off to see Hollie Smith at a club in West London. We met at the Grand Union pub for dinner beforehand. As we approached it, Mhairi told me they were famous for their pies... given that I have a bit of a pie fetish at the moment that was very exciting!

So I had to have the mini-pie platter - a mini-fish pie, a mini-vege pie, a mini chicken pie (very nice - I don't normally like chicken pies) and a MINI-CAMEL pie!! Oh - and chips. Just to top off the healthy meal... And in case you're wondering the camel pie was rather nice. Although very rich - I'm not sure I could have done a whole one...

Hollie Smith herself was somewhat disappointing - she has such an amazing voice, but her band was too loud. The drummer especially was very annoying and overpowering. So it wasn't as good as we had been hoping.

Although I did notice that Kiwi boys seem to have finally updated their style - there was a real dearth of rugby shirts with turned up collars which was good to see!

No comments: