Kevin and I went to see this play before I went up to Wales as SAP sponsors the theatre company putting the play on. It is by John Mortimer (author of Rumpole of the Bailey) and it tells the story of his relationship with his father. Derek Jacobi plays his father and he was just brilliant. One review described it as the Derek Jacobi show and it was a bit like that, but it was quite incredible to watch him. He aged through the play (not through make up or special effects, just through the quality of his acting) and the scene when he dies was incredibly moving. It was also rather cool as John Mortimer was in the audience as well!
And on Friday just been we went to see Embrace at the Hammersmith Apollo - about the zillionth time we've seen them, but as always they were fab. The lead singer Danny just loves to perform and it is brilliant to see him having such a good time - you just can't help not having a brilliant time as well! But then again I am a diehard fan...
No comments:
Post a Comment