Friday, October 27, 2006

The long haul...

As always, being the paranoid traveller that I am, I got to the airport in LOADS of time for my flight. But all good! Both legs were very full - I don't think there were any spare seats on the first leg, and I'm not sure I saw any on the second either.

I had about 7 hours in Singapore between flights, and I was going to do a 2 hour bus trip around the island, but I couldn't get on the one I thought was more interesting, and then it occurred to me that sitting down for another 2 hours just before my second flight wasn't such an appealing idea so I flagged it. I did a lot of exploring of Singapore's fab airport and then found these reclining loungers by one of the departure gates so had a wee snooze there for 45 mins or so. Very civilised!

My brother and I managed to have a wee mix up over my arrival time so I had another 1.5 hours of hanging around at Auckland aiport when I arrived just to add to my overall total of time spent in airports - around 10 hours I think...

No comments: