I went to a fantastic evening this week - this 'Storythyme' event run by All Ears events. I absolutely loved it!
My friend pulled out at the last minute as she had a cold and I couldn't find anyone else to go at short notice. I was a bit worried about going by myself, but it turned out fine. And it was such a great evening. I'm a big fan of The Moth podcasts and this was very similar to it.
I really enjoyed the first and last speakers - for very different reasons. Harry's story was just interesting (and makes you realise how lucky you are) and Danny's talk was interesting as what he is trying to do is such a good thing - and so challenging. The middle speaker was good too - but much more polished than the first two and so I didn't enjoy him quite as much.
Food was fantastic, and there is just something really cool about listening to real people tell real stories - at the risk of sounding twee (and given I'm blogging it is a bit sillly!) it was so lovely to hear people talking their stories as opposed to just reading or watching about it.
Can't wait for their 2012 line up!!
No comments:
Post a Comment