So it has taken from June 2009 to November 2011 but I have now finally finished my odyssey through my ipod. I've finished listening to all the late additions and a couple of random misses - either songs from albums, or occasionally the whole album, and I can now confirm that almost everything that is on my ipod has been listened to (just finishing off 'Mr Love & Justice' by Billy Bragg as I type.
You'll notice they're all mainly in the first half of the alphabet - acquired after I'd started obviously and I just never went back to listen to them...
So the last lot were:
Admiral Fell Promises - Sun Kil Moon
The Age of Adz - Sufjan Stevens
American Slang - The Gaslight Anthem
American IV: Ain't No Grave - Johnny Cash
Ancient Melodies of the Future - Built to Spill
Avi Buffalo - Avi Buffalo
Band of Joy - Robert Plant
Beachcomber's Windowsill - Stornoway
Beneath this Burning Shoreline - Cherry Ghost
Black Dirt Sessions - Deer Tick
Brief History of Love - The Big Pink
Buffalo - The Phoenix Foundation
Contra - Vampire Weekend
Courage of Others - Midlake
Dark Night of the Soul - Danger Mouse & Sparklehorse
Dark Was the Night - Various Artists
Destroyer of the Void - Blitzen Trapper
Drown Your Heart Again - The Strange Death of Liberal England
Emotionalism - The Avett Brothers
End Times - Eels
Erland & The Carnival - Erland and the Carnival
Fools Gold - Fools Gold
Forward March - The Strange Death of Liberal England
Four Thieves Gone - The Avett Brothers
The Gleam - The Avett Brothers
Go - Jonsi
Here's Tom With The Weather - Shack
Interpol - Interpol
Into Your Lungs - Hey Rosetta!
Kiss Each Other Clean - Iron & Wine
Live, Vol 3 - The Avett Brothers
The Midnight Organ Fight - Frightened Rabbit
Mr Love & Justice (Disc 1&2) - Billy Bragg
The Whole Love - Wilco
The Winter of Mixed Drinks - Frightened Rabbit
Sun Kil Moon I liked. Sort of a bit 60s folkish - nice and balladic. I do like a good ballad! Gaslight Anthem I really enjoyed - the music almost seemed to 'age' over the album. Really rated it. Stornaway was another hit from this list and I liked Deer Tick as well. The Midlake album was a bit depressing for me - but I was listening to it on a Monday morning! Big Pink I loved too. Especially the song Dominos. The Avett Brothers remain firm faves, and I liked TSDOLE as well. No idea how I missed the Billy Bragg and Johnny Cash albums the first time round!
What will I do now I've finished!!??
1 comment:
How interesting and how organised of you!! From that latest list, I particularly like the Sufjan, P Foundation and Vampire Weekend albums and that Dark is the Night compilation is such a great selection of songs. You've definitely got a lot of new music that I've not heard, interesting!
Post a Comment