Visiting sister means I've not updated this recently... so lots of music I've got through in the last couple of months! Still not done tho - am now doing the "numbers" and then I've got lots of new music to listen to. This mission ain't done yet...
W
Wait for Me - The Pigeon Detectives
Wake Up! - The Boo Radleys
Want One - Rufus Wainwright
Want Two - Rufus Wainwright
War Elephant - Deer Tick
Warnings/Promises - Idlewild
Washington Square Serenade - Steve Earle
Water is Life, Aman Iman - Tinariwen
Watershed - Grant McLennan
Watina - Andy Palacio & The Garifuna Collective
We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank - Modest Mouse
A Weekend in the City - Bloc Party
What Are You Going to do With Your Life? - Echo & The Bunnymen
What the Crow Brings - The Low Anthem
(What's the Story) Morning Glory? - Oasis
Whatever People Say I Am Thats What I Am - Arctic Monkeys
When Its Over We All Have to Clear Up - Snow Patrol
Whiplash - James
Whiskey Tango Ghosts - Tanya Donnelly
White Ladder - David Grey
Who You Are - Cary Brothers
Wilco (The Album) - Wilco
Wildwood - Chatham County Line
Wingspan (Hits & History 1 & 2) - Wings
Winnemuca - Richmond Fontaine
The Wire ' "And all the pieces matter" - Various Artists
Woman King - Iron & Wine
Wooden Shjips - Wooden Shjips
Words & Music: Greatest Hits Disc 1&2 - John Mellencamp
Workbook - Bob Mould
So the Ws....? Pigeon Detectives were good - bit Arctic Monkey-ish, Deer Tick was great - sort of alt country. Great voice! Modest Mouse have a couple of songs that I've added to my faves, but overall didn't grab me a lot. Cary Brothers I liked - sort of Snow Patrol/Mumford & Sons style. Quite into that at the moment. Richmond Fontaine also great - really like his stuff. Two albums of Wings is a bit too much though!
X&Y - Coldplay
XX - The XX
I quite like this Coldplay album. XX got loads of press when they hit the scene, and its a good album. Didn't really really love it though.
Yankee Hotel Foxtrot - Wilco
Yellow Moon - The Neville Brothers
Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots - The Flaming Lips
You Are Not Alone - Mavis Staples
You Can Have it So Much Better - Franz Ferdinand
You Gotta Go There To Come Back - Stereophonics
Yours Truly, Angry Mob - Kaiser Chiefs
Youth and Young Manhood - Kings of Leon
Enjoyed the Kaiser Chiefs again - some good songs on that album. Kings of Leon were a bit 'meh' on this album. Not one of my faves of theirs. Wilco - always good, and the Neville Brothers were a bit of history! The Flaming Lips was great - I saw them sing songs from this album at the Big Day Out back in 2004 so I have a real softspot for it!
"Z" - My Morning Jacket
Zeus - British Sea Power
MMJ - always good! The British Sea Power ep was ok. Good at the start but gets a bit too full on for me towards the end.
1 comment:
I heard 'Band on the Run' over the weekend and thought it sounded great - maybe I need to buy some Wings!
My favourites from these letters are the two Rufus albums but apart from that we don't have many cross-overs.
Have you been holding off on buying new music during this whole project?
Post a Comment