Sunday, October 23, 2011

From 0 to 100 in...

Ok - not quite. But I've done my 'numbers' albums - so I'm very much reaching the end of my odyssey through my ipod... But I still do have quite a few new ones to listen to, so I'm not quite done yet.

Mhairi asked if I haven't been listening/buying to anything new since I've been doing this. I have been buying the odd new album and listening to new stuff - just as well as this has taken me a couple of years! But it is probably fair to say I have slowed in that regard. But then again, I've discovered some of the great music I already own :-).  So the albums are:

004: Hope - The Green Room (Loop)
12 Songs - Neil Diamond
12 Tales from Winter City - The Young Republic
16 Lovers Lane - The Go-Betweens
18 - Moby
19 - Adele
The '59 Sound - The Gaslight Anthem
'64-'95 - Lemon Jelly
69 Love Songs - Vols 1, 2 and 3 - The Magnetic Fields
$87 and a Guilty Conscience that gets Worse the Longer I go - Richmond Fontaine
1972 (Bonus dvd) - Josh Rouse

The ones I really enjoyed in this (short) list were The Gaslight Anthem and Young Republic. Neil Diamond is obviously always brilliant, Moby gets very boring, Lemon Jelly just sounds like background filler music to me, and Richmond Fontaine was also very good.





No comments: