Saturday, March 12, 2011

Norman Rockwell

Saturday was a lovely spring day (as opposed to Scotland where it is still snowing!) and Jackie, Nicola and me headed off to Dulwich to visit the Dulwich Picture Gallery to check out the Norman Rockwell exhibition. We lunched first at the Crown & Greyhound - very nice 'fush & chups' with tasty minted peas :-).

The exhibition really very good - great history of America in lots of ways, and interesting to see some of the real paintings next to all of the covers as well. Lots of Dulwich is rather nice, so we had a nice time strolling around the streets admiring some of the beautiful houses. When I win the lottery I might move to Dulwich... :-)

1 comment:

Mhairi said...

I've been to Stockbridge on the way to Boston - it's where Norman Rockwell based lots of his paintings. Quite spooky to see all those white picket fences!

Sounds like a great exhibition, glad you enjoyed it!