Julia hit the big 40 on Friday 18th, so on Saturday 19th she had organised a dinner at River Cottage - home of the Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall food machine. Most people headed down on Friday night but as it was Jackie's birthday on Saturday, Simon and I drove down on Saturday. Well technically he drove...
After a bit of confusion we met up with them all in Seatown (note: Seaton is not the same as Seatown...). But getting there, and then finding them took us through a good few counties - Surrey, Wiltshire, (saw Stonehenge from the car!), Dorset, Somerset, Devon...
The meal was just lovely - we were in the farmhouse, so it was a bit like a private dining room. Gorgeous food, and great company. I think perhaps staying up really late and drinking whisky once we were back in our house was perhaps not the best idea. Def felt the worse for wear on Sunday! I don't think I was much company for Simon on the trip back...
I'm sure most of you will have seen the photos on fb, so won't repost any.
No comments:
Post a Comment