Sunday, April 25, 2010

A 'Sarf East' Meantime weekend...

Saturday I headed out to Greenwich with Jackie, Nicola and Simon. It was another gorgeous April spring day so we had a wee stroll through Greenwich Market (which I love - as I'm sure I've mentioned before...) and then went up to the hill to the Royal Observatory to see the 'Secrets of the Sun' show at the Planetarium. It was a great show - although we managed to horrify Nicola by admitting that none of us knew the sun would burn out and die (although apparently humans will have left Earth by then in spaceships to find new worlds to live in, so there is no need to worry about it...).

Then it was off down to the Greenwich Union for an early meal and a couple of pints of their delish Helles Meantime beer.

Sunday was back out to Greenwich to go and visit Craig and Sarah and finally meet their youngest - Edith, aged 6 months. Absolutely gorgeous! Then while Sarah took Nola and Stanley off to a birthday party, Craig and I took Edith to The Old Brewery - this time I sampled the Pale Ale. And endured disapproving looks from many people there who assumed I was Edith's mother...

1 comment:

Mhairi said...

the sun's going to burn out and die??!?! noooooooooooooooo.........