Friday, March 05, 2010

Watching someone else's favourite band...

I went to see Power of Dreams with Kevin - I'd not heard of them, but had listened to them a bit on MySpace and thought they sounded quite good, plus it was at the Luminaire, which is a great venue.

It was a reunion for their 20th anniversary so there were some real die-hard fans there. VERY funny watching people go crazy as they recognised the next song - especially when you have no real idea of any of them!

Strange support band from Reading who had brought their own posse along - also diehard fans. Highlight of that bit was the 'topless dancing' - two quite tattooed young men taking their tops off and getting up on the stage to dance...

1 comment:

Mhairi said...

Charlotte and I used to go and see Hefner just before their 'heyday' (if ever a thing existed) - we got to recognise the die-hard fans who knew all the words and sang along. Loudly.