Saturday, March 20, 2010

And a few films...

I've been making more of an effort to get out and see films actually at the cinema - instead of doing my usual waiting until they are out on DVD... So lately I've seen:

  • Avatar: I went to see this as I was expecting it to mop up at the Oscars, and I thought I really should go and see it. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would and liked the 3D - although then it didn't win everything at the Oscars!
  • Invictus: Very good - although Morgan Freeman still sounded like Morgan Freeman... But it did almost make me glad that South Africa won the world cup - almost!
  • Girl with the Dragon Tattoo: Having just finished the second book in this series I was curious to see how they would adapt the first book. But being a Swedish film as opposed to a Hollywood one, it was pretty close to the book, so some of the scenes were pretty disturbing. Which has meant it has been accused of focusing too much on the violence against women - not sure I agree with that. It was difficult to watch at times, but I've seen as bad in CSI and other horror movies.
  • Alice in Wonderland 3D: I enjoyed this. Lots of the reviews have been quite critical, but I just thought it was a good visual adaptation of the story. Didn't really need to see it 3D I don't think, but it was still fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've got better things to do than watch SA beat the ABs in that game...not even on DVD ! EJS