Saturday, September 26, 2009

Before Lunch

We did the 3 night cruise with Before Lunch - who were great. They were recommended by Lonely Planet, but Mhairi had also found an article which gave them a good write up as well. There are so many boats and companies, but I was really happy with Before Lunch.

Not much to say about this really - it literally was 4 days cruising around, swimming when we were anchored, reading, sunning, drinking when we weren't. The food was amazing, and we were really lucky with our group as well - everyone got on really well - the ages ranged from 29 - 73! Our captain (Ahmet) wasn't in to the busy spots at all, so he did a great job of taking us places that didn't have hundreds of other boats parked up which was nice.

When we went to St Nicholas' Island, while we were off exploring it, he moved the boat to the other side of the bay as there were too many around us :-).

Highlights included:

  • Swimming off the boat. The water was so warm and so clear
  • Having nothing to do, but lie around. Fantastic
  • The trading boats that would come up and sell ice-creams or Gozleme (pancakes - often with banana and chocolate - yum!)
  • The food - double yum!

Didn't like the sandflies tho - don't know what they did to me, but I really reacted to their bites. They weren't itchy, but I would swell up for about 24 hours after being bitten. So I particularly liked the two bites I got on either side of my head... (although I think only I noticed the lumps!)

No comments: