No - not what I tell myself every day...
I went to see Lady Be Good with a bunch of friends from work - it is the first time I've ever done the Regent's Park Open Air Theatre and I really enjoyed it. I struggled with enthusiasm during the day - I've never gone to them before cos I've never trusted the weather, and the year I live dangerously we have the worst and wettest July since records began...
So I was well prepared with my walking jacket on, my picnic blanket to sit on and my fleece to keep my legs and hands warm and it was great! The musical was originally performed in 1924 with Fred Astaire and his sister Adele playing the brother and sister of the story - it was really well done, very fluffy, very funny, with beautiful frocks and dancing.
So I was pleased I trusted the BBC forecast and did go - roll on Macbeth in August!
No comments:
Post a Comment