So on Friday night I went to my first gig by myself! Very proud of myself I was. I went to see Hard-Fi at The Astoria.
I had bought the tickets ages ago for me and Kevin but then he was offered tickets for another gig he wanted to (a Canadian band, Stars) and as Hard-Fi are UK and play loads he figured he could see them another time. So I wasn't going to go, but was then listening to them a bit on the ipod and really enjoying it, so after a bit of encouragement from Mhairi (who has been to a couple of gigs by herself) I decided to go. I sold the second ticket through a very cool website, Scarlet Mist, which has been set up so people can buy and sell tickets at face value, and not have to go to a tout and pay exorbitant prices.
And the gig was really good. Once I had got in and found a spot I realised that the whole venue wouldn't be talking about me standing there by myself and I relaxed a bit. Not sure I'd like to do it loads, but now I've done it once...
No comments:
Post a Comment