Well I was so excited to be off to see Fat Freddy's again, this time with Kevin in tow, his mate and NZ girlfriend.
Except that they didn't come on stage until 10.50 - which when you live in London is pretty unheard of for a gig, unless they actually advertise it as a DJ set. So even tho it was in Hammersmith (which is the same side of the river as us), we had to leave by 11.45 to make sure we could at least get a tube to Richmond, and if we were lucky (which we were) get buses from there back to Surbs. Either that or be looking at at least 35 quid for a taxi... Wasn't impressed at all. Added to the fact they had some crap guy lip synching to country music on for half an hour from 10-10.30 and he was unbearable. Except to all the really drunk NZers there who had been in the venue since 7pm when the doors opened...
When they finally came on the performance was pretty lacklustre as well. I suspect they were hungover from winning some BBC award the previous night. But I think in future I'll take my chances and buy a ticket to see them on the day - I paid almost 17 quid for just under an hour of music. Not impressed.
Have emailed them as well via their website so it will be interesting to see what (if any) response I get. Mhairi also emailed them - she didn't even bother going - living in North London and going to West London to see a band that isn't scheduled to start until 10.30 (but they were late) is just a non-starter on a week night unless you fancy spending hours and hours on night buses getting home.
No comments:
Post a Comment