Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Talking about heroes...

I went to see Sir Ranulph Fiennes talk about his new book 'My Heroes' - I'd seen the tickets advertised ages ago and for £10 they seemed like a bargain.

He was such a great speaker. Based on his life I'd expected someone who was loud, overbearing and very sort of 'Bear Grylls' ish. Not like that all - very funny - very dry sense of humour, and a wonderful storyteller. The time just flew by, and I certainly left wanting to know more about him and some of the adventures he's been on. He was very clear that technology has improved exploring, and illustrated that with some very funny examples.

I also like how his heroes are not necessarily who you would expect from a man with a military and exploration background. I think the book would be a very interesting read.

No comments: