It's my birthday of course!!
I had a fantastic day. It fell on a Sat and as it was a momentous age I decided to 'reclaim' my day - the theme was 'Its all about me...' and it absolutely was!
Lindsey came down from Glasgow on the Friday night, so on Sat morning I had a chilled out time with her and Tracey opening all the presents my wonderful family had given Tracey to bring over, plus the ones from Lindsey and Tracey of course. And then Kevin turned up with more gifts... :-)
We headed off to Simon's place to get ready for the BBQ - I have a fab friend who so generously let me use his house for the party - it was great having such a wonderful space (both indoors and outdoors) to use. And the weather behaved - it wasn't boiling hot, but it didn't rain!
I had a great day - everyone turned up, everyone got along and we all ate much food and drank lots of Pimms and bubbles (Lindauer of course!). And then when it got dark we had an open fire and danced on the deck... finally staggering off to bed just as the sun was coming up...
So not so well the next day - but I had never planned to be! Some photos below, and more on Flickr...
No comments:
Post a Comment