Thursday, February 21, 2008

A film-ic life

I've been making a real attempt to get to the movies and actually see the films that I want to, instead of just saying 'Oh I want to see that' and then ending up watching it on DVD when it comes out.

So... Recently I've seen:
  • 'Sweeney Todd' which I thought was fab. Another great Tim Burton film.
  • 'In the Valley of Elah' - also fab. Tommy Lee Jones was great - and it just told the story in such an understated way. Made me think.
  • 'No Country for Old Men' - new Coen brothers film. Another great TLJ performance - and looks like a sure bet for the Best Film Oscar.
  • 'Control' - story of Ian Curtis from Joy Division (OK - that was on DVD at Kevin's, but he has a big tv and a great sound system so its like watching it at the movies anyhow...)
On my hit list are 'There Will Be Blood', 'The Diving Bell and the Butterfly' and the 'River Queen' - which is finally being released here!

No comments: